I'm getting pretty excited for fall.
For years, summer was my favorite season and maybe it still is, but fall is definitely starting to give it a run for it's money. It may have a lot to do with moving south. Summer in New England is lovely but below the Mason-Dixon line it gets pretty hot. It gets hot enough that I start dreaming about cool, crisp autumn evenings wearing fleece and snuggling with the hubby. Snuggling is less sexy when it's 100 degrees. It just is.
This fall is going to be especially awesome because I have two new books coming out, A Late Thaw and Worth More Than Gold, my addition to the Love and Other Games anthology.
So I was thinking about all the things I'm looking forward to this fall and I decided to make a list.
1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes- I know, I might as well be drinking a candy bar, but they are so yummy. I let myself have one or two every year. Okay-maybe three. :)
2. Halloween- I love costumes, candy and jack-o-lanterns. We've moved recently and I cannot wait to see all our new trick-or-treaters.
3. Fresh Pumpkin to cook with. I think I'll make a pumpkin gnocchi this year. Definitely lots of pumpkin soup.
4. Apple picking. My hubby is tall and very good at reaching the high branches. I will reward him with an apple pie.
6. Nesting in our new home. (We haven't had a chance to finish unpacking, painting, etc. So it will be a busy fall for us.)
7. The scent of falling leaves.
8. TV!!! New Once Upon a Time, Grimm, Scandal, TVD, The Good Wife, Nashville, Hannibal, etc. Can't Wait.
9. Boots. It's too warm to wear cute boots during summer. I love cute boots.
10. Two new book releases!!!
And...extra awesome bonus-- we gained two new nieces this summer, so we now get to share all the awesomeness of Autumn with fresh eyes.
So what are you looking forward to this fall?