I wasn't going to make resolutions. I mean, honestly, I think any vows made whilst blissfully buzzed on New Year's Eve are pretty much destined for failure. It's almost like making them for New Year's gives you an automatic, easy out. Almost all New Year's resolutions are dropped by mid-February, right?
But today isn't New Year's Eve or even New Year's Day. I've waited a full week and I'm making the following resolutions without any of the grandiosity that typically invades the tradition. Also, I'm going to keep things simple. You'll see.
1. I will complete the first draft of Daddy Issues, the vampire romance I've been working on since before vamp romances were overdone.
2. I will get (at least) one more story published. Okay, this one is tricky since it obviously requires someone else deciding to publish my work. But by stating that it will happen, I have to do my part to make it so.
3. I will blog more often. Seriously.
1. I will walk more.
2. I will eat more greens and less cheese. The first part of this one is easy; I love greens. The tough part, I also really love cheese.
1. I will come up with one new and unexpected way to remind my husband that I love him every week. (I love him everyday, but 365 new ways of showing it is a bit extreme.)
2. I will keep him guessing. Just a little.
Okay, that's it. That's my list. Did you set any goals this year? Wanna share them?
I am so glad you are finishing, "Daddy Issues." That story is really compelling and a fun read. I also wanted to tell you that I too once gave up cheese, though it was once my great love. If I can, you surely can. Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
I'm not giving up cheese, just reducing. I'm basically a vegetarian, so no cheese would be really hard. (I eat a limited amount of seafood but no beef, pork, poultry, etc.)ReplyDelete
I WILL finish Daddy Issues. It deserves an ending. I will also get you that second chapter of the story that shall not be named. :)
But, on the subject of writing: when can I see more Cold Feet? I love that story.
Ooh, the Vampire story sounds fun. On a related note, I love your pinterest board for it.ReplyDelete
Thanks, ST. Making Pinterest boards for my books is so much fun. :)Delete